For a girls get together this weekend I was asked to bring a “Dietitian-Approved” snack. Normally I’d have brought dessert, because dessert is the best, and most definitely dietitian-approved (by me anyway!), but this time I thought I would try something new. So I created these cute little Veggie Pinwheels! They’re delicious, and a nice twist on an appetizer that is normally loaded with cream cheese. Mine are vegetarian, but if you skip the feta cheese you can easily make them into an awesome vegan snack too. This would also be a delicious quick lunch idea!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Serves: 6 (approximately 3 per person)
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1- 10oz (238g) container hummus (I used both Roasted Garlic and Spicy Chili flavour, but use whatever you like!)
- 8 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced very thin
- 1 avocado, sliced very thin
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1. Spread a thick, even layer of hummus over the entire tortilla. Make sure to get it right to the edges because it is what helps the whole thing stick together!
2. Place lettuce, cucumber slices, and avocado slices on one edge of the tortilla.
3. Sprinkle feta cheese on the rest of the tortilla on top of the hummus
4. Carefully roll the wrap into a tight roll
5. Slice the roll into 5 even slices. Be careful not to squish out all the filling!
5.1 Snack on the edges you trim off
Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog so you get all of my recipes sent right to your inbox!