Its FINALLY here!
THE 12 DAYS OF TACOS Y’ALL!
I’ve been looking forward to this since the 12 days of Tacos last year, so we had to do it again for 2017.
What is the 12 Days of Tacos? Glad you asked!
One day in 2016 I said to Dan “I wonder how many days in a row you could eat a different kind of tacos”
He said “let’s see”
We landed on 12 because it’s got a nice ring to it, and is in the season of Christmas and all. Obviously there’s a BILLION taco recipes out there but we’ve gotta save some for next year right?
SO up first for 2017 we have a Slow Cooker Steak Taco that absolutely slayyyed. I love my slow cooker because what goes in is just a pile of ingredients, but what comes out is magic.
Here’s how we made ’em!
Slow Cooker Steak Tacos
- Servings: about 12 small tacos
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 6+ hours
For the Tacos:
- About 2lbs marinating steak
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 tbsp chili powered
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
Garnishes: pick whatever you like!
- Whole wheat tortillas (I like to use the 6″ ones)
- Sour cream *I like to mix my salsa and sour cream together*
- Lettuce, OR one of my favorites is some nice crunchy coleslaw mix
- Cheddar cheese
1. Place onions, peppers, jalapeno, garlic, and juice from one lime into slow cooker
2. Mix spices and other lime juice together to make a paste. Rub paste into both sides of steak
3. Place steak in slow cooker
Cook on low for at least 6 hours. It’s ready when the steak is falling apart)
4. Shred steak with a fork in slow cooker pot.
5. Assemble tacos and enjoy!
What’s your favorite kind of Tacos? Leave a comment below!
Stay tuned for Day 2 of the 12 Days of Tacos!
Did you like this recipe? Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog so all of my articles are sent right to your inbox!