Slow cooker meals are the best. The only thing better than a slow cooker meal is Tacos that start in the slow cooker. I especially love slow cooker meals that start with a bunch of simple ingredients, but with a little heat and time turns into something magical.
What makes these Carnitas Tacos (slow-cooked pork tacos) so great is the long, slow cooking process that makes the meat melt-in-your-mouth tender. Every bite is infused with flavour after all those hours spent simmering. Dinner is on the table in just minutes after you get home because most of the work is already done. Just assemble your delicious tacos and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Carnitas Tacos
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 6+ hours
- 2-3lb pork shoulder roast (or any boneless pork roast you like) If you’re serving a crowd just use a larger one and increase the seasonings accordingly
- 1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. If you like it spicy use the whole can, otherwise just use 1-2 peppers. The rest can be put in the freezer for your next taco night!
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Cut pork roast into 2-inch chunks (for faster cooking). Place in slow cooker pot.
2. Add lime juice, chipotle peppers (with sauce), and spices in slow cooker. Stir to coat pork. Cook on low 6 hours (or longer), until meat is cooked through and falling apart.
3. Assemble tacos with your favorite fillings- Lettuce, cilantro, salsa, sour cream, avocado, cheese, etc.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Subscribe to my blog today and receive all of my recipes and articles sent directly to your inbox!