Yup, you heard me!
These are the BEST BBQ Chicken Tacos EVER. They start with a delicious smoky chipotle marinade, and end with being grilled to perfection on the bbq. Yes, even in the winter we’ve got the grill going! Nothing gives me a nicer reminder of summer than eating bbq chicken tacos in December.
You can top these bad boys with whatever you like! Avocado or sour cream is great for balancing out the spice in the chicken, and I always love to fill my tacos with crunchy veggies like lettuce or coleslaw. You can also try my amazing recipe for Pineapple Salsa, which takes only 5 minutes to make and adds a perfect touch of sweetness to any tacos!
The Best BBQ Chicken Tacos EVER
Prep time: 5 minutes + marinading
Cook time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for the chicken marinade:
- 1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- Juice from 1 big lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Whisk all marinade ingredients together in a bowl or resealable container. Add 2-4 chicken breasts (or thighs) to marinade. Cover container and let sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
2. Pre-heat BBQ and grill chicken pieces until cooked completely through. You could also bake them in the oven at 350F.
3. Transfer cooked chicken to a plate and let it rest for about 10 minutes to allow the juices to settle.
4. Slice chicken into strips. Assemble tacos with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 Jalapeño pepper, diced
- Juice of 1 small lime
- 2 tbsp Chopped cilantro
- Sprinkle of salt
1. Mix all ingredients together. Let sit for 5-10 minutes for flavours to blend before eating.
This salsa is also GREAT on fish tacos!