Maybe you forgot to meal plan this week. Oops. Maybe you’ve been so busy Christmas shopping or baking or watching Christmas concerts that all thought of a home cooked meal has gone out the window. Whatever the reason, sometimes we all need a recipe that requires minimal effort, but still tastes like perfection.
Enter! My 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos. Heck it can even be only 2 ingredients if you’re one of those wierdos who doesn’t like cilantro (where all my cilantro fans at!?) And since most of us have chicken in our freezer like all the time, its the kind of meal you can throw in the slow cooker in less than 5 minutes before walking out the door in the morning. Boom!
So, the next time it’s just one of those weeks, fear not! You’ve got this amazing dinner trick up your sleeve
I usually pick up a bottle of Taco sauce when I’m at the store, even if tacos aren’t on my meal plan for the week. That way it’s already there in a pinch
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 6 hours from frozen
- 4 chicken breasts (or 6 thighs)
- 1 bottle Taco Sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Tortillas and other taco fillings (lettuce, tomato, salsa, sour cream, avocado, cheese, etc)
1. Add chicken, taco sauce, and cilantro to slow cooker
2. Cook on low 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked and falling apart
3. Using 2 forks, shred chicken
4. Assemble tacos with your favorite taco toppings and enjoy!
Did you enjoy this recipe? Subscribe to my blog so all of my articles and recipes are sent to your inbox!