There are a ton of reasons to love Thai Food or Asian-inspired dishes on busy weeknights. They’re usually pretty fast to whip up, and super easy to pack with a few servings of healthy veggies. I often see clients into the evening, so when I get home late I want a fast, delicious, AND healthy dinner. The slow cooker is often my go-to, but these Thai Noodle Bowls were on the table in 20 minutes, which is pretty darn fast…Much faster than ordering takeout…and definitely healthier!
The key to getting this on the table so quickly is to slice the chicken and vegetables really thin for faster cooking, and to use rice noodles which cook in only about 3 minutes. I also used a bottle of pre-made Pad Thai sauce to keep things simple, but feel free to make your own sauce if you prefer.
This recipe made enough for two people, if you’re serving a bigger family just adjust the amounts accordingly!
20-Minute Thai Noodles Bowls
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 large chicken breast, sliced very thin (or whatever protein you desire)
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch bok choy, chopped
- 1lb thinly sliced mushrooms (shiitake is the best kind for this dish, but plain button mushrooms are great too if that’s what is in the fridge!)
- 125g dry rice noodles
- 1 tbsp olive or canola oil
- 1 cup Pad Thai sauce
- Optional garnishes: chopped cilantro, sliced green onion
1. Heat oil in non-stick pan. Add chicken and cook until browned.
2. Add sliced mushrooms, grated carrot and sliced red onion to frying pan. Cook for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through
3. Add bok choy and pad thai sauce to frying pan. Stir to coat chicken and vegetables with sauce.
4. Cook rice noodles according to package directions. Do this step last as the noodles can get very sticky if they are sitting too long after cooking.
5. Assemble noodle bowls with rice noodles on the bottom, chicken and vegetables on top. Finish with garnishes.
Looking for another noodle bowl recipe? Check out my Spicy Singapore Noodles Recipe!
Did you like this recipe? Subscribe to my blog and receive all of my articles and recipes right to your inbox!