Are you stuck in a vegetable rut?
Eating the same old salad and broccoli day in and day out?
Had so many carrots you’re going to turn orange?
Then you need a new meal idea!
Like my Oven Baked Fajitas! They’re super simple to make, and are full of delicious peppers and onions get you out of your vegetable rut. The simple prep steps are also great for getting kids to help out in the kitchen.
I made a big batch here so we’d have leftovers. Perfect for next-day lunches!
Oven Baked Fajitas
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 5-6 bell peppers, any color variety you like (I used them all!), sliced into strips
- 1 large red onion, sliced into strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil or canola oil
- Whole wheat tortillas (I like the small 6″ ones)
- other optional toppings: sour cream, lettuce, grated cheddar cheese, cilantro, avocado, salsa
Spice Blend for the chicken:
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or more if you like more heat!)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Mix together spice blend. Coat sliced chicken with spices and place on foil-lined baking sheet or into glass baking dish.
- Place sliced peppers and onions into second baking dish. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and peppers and onions are soft.
- Assemble your fajitas with chicken, peppers, and desired toppings.
Did you like this recipe? Subscribe to my blog and receive all of my articles and recipes right to your inbox!