I really dislike protein shakes.
I mean, they’re ok in a pinch, but I’d rather eat just about anything else before I’m reaching for a scoop of protein and a shaker cup. And trust me, it isn’t just about not finding the right flavor. I’ve tried them ALL.
This can pose a challenge. As an active gal I definitely need to make sure I’m getting enough protein every day, but with my crazy work hours and on-the-go lifestyle I need portable options.
Protein bars are definitely a go-to for me. I like that I can keep them in my gym bag or office for food emergencies (I’m very guilty of getting hangry). Finding the right balance between nutrition, taste, and price is tough when it comes to the store-bought bars though. They don’t come cheap!
So, I’ve taken matters into my own hands and created a recipe for my very own Banana Chocolate Protein Bars!
These bars only have 5 ingredients, and are packed with not only protein, but plenty of fibre too. This means one of these bad boys will keep you full for a very long time!
5 Ingredient Banana Chocolate Protein Bars
Prep time: 10 minutes
Chilling time: at least 1 hour
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 4 scoops chocolate whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3-4 cups oats
1. Using an electric mixer, cream together milk and protein powder.
2. Add peanut butter, bananas, and mix until smooth. You’ll have a smooth but sticky batter.
3. Add oats 1 cup at a time, stirring with a wooden spoon to mix as you go.
4. Line a baking dish (8×8) with plastic wrap. Spread batter evenly into baking dish. Wet your finger tips and press into pan if it’s sticking to your spoon.
5. Place baking dish into fridge or freezer to set.
6. Slice set bars into 10 portions and wrap each one in plastic. Keep in fridge or freezer until you’re ready to eat them. The bars can get very soft if they get too warm.
Did you like this recipe? Subscribe to my blog and receive all of my articles and recipes right to your inbox!