Mornings can be tough.
Breakfast is a frequently skipped meal for so many of us because taking the time to cook a nutritious breakfast in the morning just ain’t gonna happen. If we do eat breakfast it often is something quick and lacking protein (like a bowl of cereal), or fast-food breakfast, which is not an ideal start to the day either.
These no-bake protein bites are fantastic because they’re packed with protein, convenient to eat on-the-go, and are absolutely delicious (you just can’t go wrong with chocolate, coconut, and peanut butter!)
Spend a few minutes making these on the weekend and you’ll have a whole week’s worth of nutritious breakfasts ready to grab and go!
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bites
Makes: approximately 36 balls (depending on size)
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 4 scoops chocolate flavored protein powder (I used whey protein but you can also use a vegan protein powder)
- 1 cup milk (you can use cow’s milk, soy milk, or almond milk)
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 2-3 cups uncooked quick oats
- 3/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Using a whisk or electric mixer, blend together milk and protein powder until smooth.
- Blend in peanut butter and mix until you have a creamy, smooth batter.
- Using a wooden or plastic spoon, stir in oats 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well with each addition. You want the final consistency to be firm enough to roll into a ball, but still sticky enough to roll in the coconut.
- Get Messy! Take 1 tbsp of dough and roll into a ball. Roll in shredded coconut to coat. Repeat until all of the dough is used up.
- Store protein bites in a sealed container in the freezer or refrigerator, let them thaw for about 30 minutes before eating.
- Enjoy as a quick on-the-go breakfast, or a convenient post-workout snack.
Did you like this recipe? Subscribe to my blog and receive all of my articles and recipes right to your inbox!