If there’s one thing I love, its Singapore noodles.
If there’s another thing I love, its re-creating my favorite takeout foods at home!
This tasty noodle dish is absolutely PACKED with flavor and actually quite simple to make. Just prepare the chicken the night before and you’ll have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes. Faster than you can say Skip the dishes!
In my version I upped the veggies (obviously!) and used chicken thighs in place of pork and shrimp which is typically part of this dish. Use any protein source you like, even tofu would be excellent for a plant-based option!
Spicy Singapore Noodles
Prep time: 30 minutes + marinating time
Makes 6 servings
- 6 chicken thighs, sliced thinly
- 1 package rice noodles (I used rice vermicelli but any style rice noodle will do)
- 3 large bell peppers (any color), thinly sliced
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup canola oil, plus 2 tbsp for sauteeing
- 3 Tbsp curry powder
- 3 Tbsp turmeric
- 3 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper (adjust as needed if you like more or less heat!)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
1. Mix together 1/2 cup of canola oil, dry spices, and salt to make marinade. Add sliced chicken pieces and stir to coat. Marinade for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
2. Heat remaining oil in large frying pan (or wok) on medium heat. Add chicken and marinade to frying pan and cook on medium until chicken is cooked through. Add peppers, garlic, and onions and continue cooking until vegetables are soft.
3. Cook rice noodles according to package directions, being careful not to overcook.
4. Add cooked rice noodles to frying pan and toss to coat noodles with seasonings. Adjust spices as needed.
Did you like this recipe? Subscribe to my blog and receive all of my articles and recipes right to your inbox!