When it comes to quick and delicious weeknight dinners, noodle bowls are definitely at the top of my list. There are endless combinations of ingredients and flavours- you can make a completely new dish every time! The best part is that you can usually whip these up with ingredients you probably already have on hand, AND this recipe is ready in only 20 minutes. It’ll be on the table in less time than ordering takeout!
I always keep a few cans of coconut milk in my pantry for fast stir-fry meals. It adds a little extra layer of flavour to so many dishes, and is always a crowd pleaser!
This recipe features bell peppers, bok choy, and onions, but feel free to get creative and use up whatever ingredients you have in the fridge! These type of meals are great for the end of the week when you’ve got a little of this and a little of that left to use up. Greens like kale or spinach, and other veggies like carrots would be fantastic in here as well!
I often use rice noodles vs rice because they cook much faster. Just a few minutes in boiling water and they’re ready, vs spending 20-30 minutes cooking rice!
Thai Coconut Curry Noodle Bowls
Makes 4 servings
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 package rice noodles
- 2 large chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper (any color), thinly sliced
- 1 large head bok choy, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp canola oil or olive oil
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 3 tbsp Thai Red Coconut Curry Paste
- Cilantro and green onion for garnish
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides.
2. Add the onion, bell pepper and bok choy to the chicken. Continue to cook until vegetables are soft.
3. Add the minced garlic to the saucepan and cook another 2 minutes.
4. Mix together coconut milk and curry paste. Adjust the amounts as needed to get the amount of heat you like.
5. Cook the rice noodles according to package directions.
6. Add sauce to frying pan and stir into chicken and vegetables.
7. Serve rice noodles topped with chicken and vegetables. Garnish with chopped cilantro and green onion,
Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog to get all of my recipes and articles sent right to your inbox!