Move over pumpkin spice! Chocolate and mint is officially here!
Mint and chocolate is my #1 favorite flavor combination of all time. Period. There is absolutely nothing tastier in my opinion!
Since Christmas is only a few weeks away I wanted to make my regular breakfast protein bites a little extra special, and what better way to do that than with some candy cane flair?
I love whipping up a quick batch of protein bites on the weekends, and packing them for my post-workout breakfast. I’m usually on the go in the mornings so portable and convenient meals are absolutely key! All it takes is half an hour of prep and you’ll have breakfast all week long.
I used my chocolate protein powder that I always keep in the house for this recipe, but if yours is unflavored or vanilla it’ll still work fine! You may just need a little extra coco powder to get the dark chocolatey flavour you want.
These protein bites are so extra, you’ll be making them all year round!
Dark Chocolate Candy Cane Protein Bites
Makes: 16 bites
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 4 scoops chocolate flavored protein powder (any type)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/4 cup quick oats
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp peppermint extract (for a little extra minty flavor!)
- 1 regular size candy cane, crushed
- 1 handful dark chocolate chips
1. Pour protein powder, cocoa, and oats into mixing bowl.
2. Stir together peanut butter, water, and mint extract in a separate bowl.
3. Pour wet ingredients into dry. Add in chocolate chips and crushed candy cane pieces and mix well (add a little more water or oats if needed to get the right consistency!)
4. Roll mixture into 16 evenly sized protein bites.
5. Store in refrigerator (or freezer for a longer shelf life).
Enjoy as a post-workout treat, or between meals as a quick and portable snack!
Did you like this recipe? Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog and you’ll receive all of my recipes, workout tips and articles right to your inbox!
Subscribe to Blog via Email